With the demands created by digital transformation, the requirements for consistency in company data continue to rise. Algorithms are increasingly making decisions in the company, and the master database provides the foundation for this. This master database must be up-to-date, complete and consistent in real time.
We use our expertise to support you in the quality analysis, cleansing and classification of your data laying the foundation for your professional master data management.
Your steps to good data quality
- Data check
- Quality report
- Presentation of results
- All relevant sources are considered: EXCEL, ERP; etc.
First duplicate check
- Automated identification of identical materials based on identical manufacturer-/supplier-related data
- Reporting of potential duplicate results
Data consolidation and harmonization
- Preparation and bundling of article data
- Reconciliation of data sets with the knowledge database
- Harmonization of product designations (also multilingual)
- Optimized material short texts
- First quality check
- Grouping of data into a classification system (e.g. ECLASS) or into a self-made-classification
- Development of a class system for construction parts
- 3D classification
Data attribution and enrichment
- Definition of practical property lists
- Enrichment of data sets with internal and external information (e.g. from the knowledge database)
- Final quality check
Second duplicate check
- Automated identification of identical materials based on identical attributes
- Reporting of potential duplicate results
- Concept of avoidance of duplicatesg
Establishment of processes and solutions for sustainable good data quality
- Classified and complying to processes catalog products from the knowledge database
- Creation of and connection to proprietary manufacturer/supplier portal
IT-based master data management
- Coic of the appropriate tools/systems
- Implementation of the software
- Migration of data to the old/new system
Positive effects of high master data quality on business processes
Your benefits from cleansed and classified material master data clearly lie in process optimization along the entire value chain.
- Service/after-sales service
- Higher purchasing volumes and better conditions
- Improved comparability and evaluation of offers
- Reduced communication effort (queries) due to clear order information
- Larger number of suppliers and improvement of order comparisons
- Higher savings through feasible tenders
- Higher reusability of parts and assemblies
- Finding parts instead of redesigning them
- Reduced time to market
- 3D geometry search
- More than 700 manufacturer catalogs, incl. drawings for your CAD system
- Continuous information chains guarantee higher process reliability
- Faster and more cost-effective order processing
- Increased sales through customized product search and price comparisons in online trade
- Automatically generated eCatalogs
- Increased customer confidence
- Easy-to-find parts
- Shortened throughput times in production
- Reduced machine failures
- Minimized downtimes
- Increased productivity
- Less storage costs
- Optimized inventory by eliminating duplicates
- Efficient warehouse utilization
- Optimized transport of goods
- Improved incoming goods inspection
- Easier identification of spare parts
- Increased sales through improved service performance
- Optimized offer of spare parts packages
- Increased customer loyalty
- Improved connection to catalogs such as Ariba
- Inventory reduction while ensuring same spare parts availability
- Finding spare parts instead of searching for them
- Increased availability of plants, i.e., fewer failures and shorter downtimes
- Reduced stocks
- Improved know-how through detailed product information
Data quick test
Would you like to optimize your data quality?
We will show you first results carrying out a free quick test. You will receive optimized data based on ECLASS within only 48 hours!
(Prerequisites for the quick test: Not more than 50 standard parts (DIN, ISO),
Description text/purchasing information text, CSV or Excel format up to 10 MB)
You can download your data here:
Simplified business processes
Optimize and automate your processes with improved data quality.
Automatically generating material short texts:
In the material master, the material short text should often not be freely selected but automatically derived from a set of classification attributes. This solution enables you to create dynamic material short texts from classification attributes.
Automatic material creation and classification of new parts:
The ClassCockpit Cloud helps the user with the automated creation of standard and catalog parts and with a classification according to ECLASS. All properties, classifications and material short texts are available in SAP-compliant form.
Finding data sets instead of searching for them:
ClassCOCKPIT Search enables you to quickly and smartly find – based on a search algorithm similar to Google – your materials in the cloud. Search’s word analysis detects spelling errors and suggests the correct spelling.
Business process-oriented master data maintenance:
it.master data simplified (it.mds) facilitates master data maintenance. This software technology enables you to reduce the manual administration effort in master data management by up to 95%.
What is ECLASS?
ECLASS is the cross-industry product data standard of choice for the classification and unique description of products and services. ECLASS aims to simplify the electronic retailing of classified products. In particular, the use of ECLASS as a standardized basis for a material group structure in ERP systems is widespread.
For the classification of your products ECLASS:
A four-step classification system
over 45,000 product classes
over 19,139 attributes
Subject area (Level 1)
A subject area is the most general category and represents a specific industry or market. The current release 11.0 includes 39 subject areas.
Main group (Level 2)
The main groups on the second level divide product classes into more specific groups.
Group (Level 3)
The groups on the third level divide product classes into more specific subgroups.
Subgroup (Level 4)
The subgroups on the fourth level represent a product or a product class, i.e., a group of similar products. ECLASS provides so-called property lists at this level. Attributes allow the detailed description of products and services. The properties are defined by values. The keywords and synonyms attached to each product class help you to quickly find the product classes and their property lists.
Properties for product description standard property lists keywords
* Properties: enable the description of products and services with maximum level of detail
* Values: specify the range of values for the properties*
* Keywords: The keywords assigned to individual classes simplify and standardize the search for products.
* Units: Based on DIN and ECE units, they are used to indicate the unit of the properties.
ECLASS is a four-level hierarchical classification system for grouping materials, products and services.
ECLASS provides product groups and classes to which products can be assigned.
ECLASS is multilingual so it can be used internationally.
D&TS builds a classification – ECLASS, ETIM, UNSPNC, self-made-classification – together with you
Send us your inquiry today.Make an appointment
What is ECLASS and how does it work?
Would you like us to consult you on master data or digitalization of your data?
Please feel free to call us or simply send us your request by mail.
Head of Sales & Project Management