MDM strategy for Aebi Schmidt Group
D&TS and CDQ support Aebi Schmidt in defining an MDM strategy and data governance
Economically strong – and sustainable: Aebi Schmidt Group
The Aebi Schmidt Group is a global leader of smart product systems and services for the treatment of mission-critical infrastructural and agricultural areas. The extensive range of products comprises own vehicles as well as innovative attachable and demountable devices for individual vehicle equipment. About 2000 employees work for the company worldwide. Due to decades of very versatile experience, the Aebi Schmidt Group is a reliable and competent partner for customers from all over the world. Efficient and sustainable master data management (MDM=Master Data Management) is an important key to success and the basis for companywide digitization in order to supply customers with a broad product portfolio.
Leading to success with a developed MDM strategy
Under the guidance of experienced MDM consultants from D&TS and CDQ, Aebi Schmidt developed an MDM strategy with a clear vision, goals, a governance concept and a roadmap for master data management.
Step 1- Challenge and Goal of MDM
- Integrating the MDM into the company’s objectives
- Analysis of the challenges and current situation
- Derivation of targets for the MDM
- Definition of a vision and mission
- Derivation of future MDM service portfolios and evaluation of the maturity of existing services and identification of missing services
Step 2 – Governance concept
- Definition of Guiding Principles for the MDM
- Development of the role model and creation of role profiles
- Definition of the governance processes and evaluation of the groupwide implementation, a large part was already partially or fully implemented
Step 3– Roadmap and Business Value
- Definition of further fields of action and description of the respective target states
- Development of the MDM roadmap including the activities per field of action and detailed planning for 2020
- Development of the business impact and the business benefit in order to be able to communicate the change and the benefit in the communication with the management and the departments
The strategy document has already been approved by management, as has the release of the roadmap, which is currently being implemented.
Expected benefit from the MDM
Harmonized, classified and consistently high-quality material master data will be the basis for optimized business and IT processes and complexity reduction. Group-wide standardization and a common understanding of data, based on facts and figures, later support the daily processes within the entire supply chain. Avoiding new parts by reusing existing materials will therefore save unnecessary process costs. An optimized IT landscape (ready for S4/HANA & Ariba) with system-controlled processes for master data creation, maintenance and backup as well as monitoring systems should maintain the achieved data quality.
We thank Aebi Schmidt Group for good and trusting cooperation.